Holidays and Closings
The Full Time Center: Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Thursday and Friday, Closed at 3:00 PM Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day
Part Time Center: We follow the public school calendar for closings.
Kindergarten: Follow the Creative Beginnings calendar for school closings.
You are welcome to come into the classroom at any time. However, if you wish to observe, we must ask you to leave siblings at home and remain seated so the visit will cause minimum disruption. Parental involvement is encouraged and we provide many opportunities for parental participation.
Discipline is teaching and guiding self-control, not punishing. At Creative Beginnings, self-control is encouraged and developed by:
- Modeling and encouraging expected behavior
- Setting realistic expectations and clear limits
- Offering a developmentally appropriate program
- Redirecting children to a more acceptable activity
- Occasionally offering a short time out period
Arrival and Departure
All children must be accompanied by an adult and signed in and out during arrival and departure.
- In the case of public school delayed openings, Kindergarten and Monkeys/Alligators will open at the usual time.
- Monkeys/Alligators (not kindergarten) will close when public schools close.
- Please check Facebook and our phone message for closings and delayed openings.